Wireless networking is not just for offices. It can also be used in warehousing, distribution, logistics, and manufacturing facilities. As a result, a majority of problems can be resolved with this technology, such as:
- Lost Shipments -- Through using wireless networking technology, lost shipments can be something of the past. This is because wireless barcode scanners can collection information that can be sent to all parts of the shipping process. Therefore, tracking can be completed more easily and faster.
- Delayed Shipments -- By keeping track of shipments from beginning to end with wireless mobile computers, it is less likely that shipments will be delayed. This is because the company will be able to notice potential problems and remedy them before they become actual problems.
- Decreased Productivity -- Wireless networking solutions can increase productivity. This is because one scan of the barcode on the product can provide of the necessary information regarding the product, including all shipping information and/or special instructions.
- Inaccurate Inventory -- If all information is scanned, and immediately updated, inventories are more likely to be accurate. This is because wireless networking solutions can be streamlined to meet all departments in the company. In this way, every single department can view where the product is in terms of production, inventory, sales, and delivery. As a result, inventory can be kept up-to-date.
- Increased Expenses -- Install a wireless networking solution will save the company money in the long run. This is because productivity will be increased, inventory will be accurate, and there will be fewer shipping issues.
Contact Supply Chain Services to find out how our wireless networking solutions can benefit your manufacturing facility.